Applying to AJR’s M.A. Program
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Master’s Program in Jewish Studies at the Academy for Jewish Religion. AJR’s M.A. Program in Jewish Studies is designed to give students a graduate level education in the study of sacred text and the contemporary Jewish community. These studies are presented in the context of AJR’s pluralistic approach to Judaism. The decision to pursue graduate study at AJR may be the result of a desire to broaden and deepen one’s own Jewish knowledge for academic, professional or personal reasons.
Admissions decisions are based on a careful review of a candidate’s completed application and supporting documents.
Applicants to the proposed M.A. program at AJR are asked to submit:
· Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies from accredited academic institutions.
An academic letter of recommendation. A second personal/professional letter of recommendation is optional. This can be from a co-worker or supervisor with whom the applicant has worked in a professional or organizational capacity.
· Two typewritten essays (500 – 700 words each)
· A $50 non-refundable application fee
· After all required documents have been submitted, the Dean of Admissions may request an interview as part of the admissions process.
· A completed application – M.A. Program in Jewish Studies App